Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Chess Thread

Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, North America, Northern Hemisphere, Earth, Milkey Way...etc.

Chess Thread

Because apparantly there was a need for more activity. So this is one of the solutions I came up with.

Just to accomodate multiple games at one time, when starting a game, the challenger should make a "codeword" and place it before their move. For example, if I challenged someone and made a move, and decided that my codeword should be Reaper, I would say:

Reaper: 1. D4.

And the responder would say, for example:

Rreaper: 1. ...D6.

No takebacks, of course. If your post has a "last edited" thing underneath it, you auto-lose.

Well, who wants to challenge me first?

Old Milletian
    I'll would challenge you...but uhh I forgot the codes for playing like this...let me go check google...

EDIT:got it...kinda...
    Reaper: 2. C5
    EDIT#2:Wait are we starting yet if not then you can go first because I still don't fully understand this.
    Last edited by Forumme; 01-29-2012 at 09:58 PM.

But wait.... what piece would be moved? Or am I missing something important here.

Old Milletian
    Pawn doesn't have a code/letter if I remember correctly but everything else does.

Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, North America, Northern Hemisphere, Earth, Milkey Way...etc.
    Yup, pawns don't have letters of their own. And I actually meant that one as an example, but okay, we can do that.

But, just as a correction, when black moves, his moves always has a "#. ..." before the place he moved to, to indicate he moved second in a turn. So the correct notation for your move is "Reaper: 1. ...C5", not "Reaper: 2. C5".

Reaper: 2. D5

Old Milletian
    Haha I can already tell I lost.
    Reaper: 2. ...Qc7 <= That right?

Yup, that's right. Dunno about lost, I don't think I've played someone who went with 1. ...C5 yet.

Reaper: 3. BF4

In the interest of not being disqualified, I'm double-posting, but do you see here exactly what I mean by not playing someone who went 1. ...C5 yet?
    Wow, fail on my part.

Old Milletian
    My first move itself was fail enough (blame impulse thinking). Anyway no i don't understand sorry... but you can edit your post even your move against me as long as it was edited before I post my next move.
    Either way suicide piece is suicide piece looks unprotected in my head (no board) so...
    Reaper: 3. ...Qxf4

Too much to expect that wouldn't have happened... -.-

Reaper: 4. Nc3