Thread: Cheating is Now a Crime...?

Biohazard Puppeteer LexisMikaya's Avatar

Cheating is Now a Crime...?

Recently, 3 people in Japan are being charged for cheating in an FPS game called Sudden Attack. As some of you who were around, Sudden Attack is a Nexon Game. Nexon JP are pressing charges for "obstruction of business."

While some people cheat/mod, many don't get punish for it. As far as I'm concerned, this is the first time I've heard of being held on charges just for cheating. While I don't blame them, Nexon JP certainly are punishing the 3 rather harshly. You think Cheating/Modding the game is worth such a charge? I know people can get around bans rather easily, but I feel it could have been dealt without having to go through stuff like...well this.

I'm uncertain as to why Nexon targeted these 3, but it's rather possible that the three may have been banned before.

Source: http://kotaku.com/forget-banning-onl...for-1595789066

Uhhh... Maybe they should have started with people who've actually broken the game for everyone before these guys

-COUGHS BLACKROBBING TENT HACKS IN MABI COUGHS-
    ^Example of when to use legal action

When there's a time when the servers have to be taken down because of malicious player activity and this hurts their business maybe then press charges, but that is way overkill right there.

Overall I think they have the right idea but the wrong people >_>)////

Dungeon Guard
    Maybe they were setting an example or just trying to scare the rest of the cheaters. Though it's possible these guys in particular were just serious repeat offenders.

Biohazard Puppeteer LexisMikaya's Avatar
    That's what I thought at first. Doesn't look like anymore details are surfacing.

Master Hunter
    Cheating on an online game drives me up a wall like you wouldn't believe. If someone cheats on single player or a private match, that's cool because they aren't hurting the legitimate player base. But the ones that wreck the public matches are the ones that need to turn in their adult card and be branded a cheater for the rest of their lives.

Modding on the other hand, i have mixed feelings on. Mods that change the textures of a game I am happy to play with. Mods that add certain things to the game (Minecraft's minimap mod, for example) can be useful. However, if the game's physics are manipulated through a third party to give the player an unfair advantage over their competition, I have a serious problem with those. (God forbid if fighter can slaughter Duke in one hit)
    Darkaluminus, human male, Total level: 1503, Class: warrior/gunner/mage/alchemist
    Wings in Mabinogi are like drugs: Just say no.

This was funny to read; I thought you were talking about relationship-wise cheating haha. It does seem strange that they got into legal matters for it but maybe they were cheating for NX, which Nexon might've felt robbed about?

mayby they are tired of all the bs. it was bound to happen some day. after all i am sure it is in their terms of service.. if not then mod all you want your fine
    Levi1001 Server Alexina.